Monday, March 12, 2012

Grandparents' Day/Halloween Bulletin Board


Every fall we celebrate Grandparents' Day which is a huge deal where I teach, so we always do something special with our bulletin board for our grandparents!  Since it was in October, we incorporated the spiders and we read our students Charlotte's Web.  We do the spiders every year, but this is the first time we have put them on the bulletin board.  I made the giant spider web from glue and glitter and it says Our Grandparents are...  Each student made his/her on web and picked one word to describe his/her grandparents.  Earlier we had asked each student to make a scary face and we took their picture but they didn't know why!  The spiders are so cute, we leave them out all year long!

11 comments:

  1. I love this Charlotte's Web bulletin board, especially with the Grandparents' Day tie in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bulletin board! How do you make the spiders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it!! We spray painted styrofoam balls black and added eight pipe cleaner legs! We took pictures of the kids making scary faces, and then we hot glued those to the ball! That's it! Very simple!!

      Delete
  3. How did you hang them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we bent paper clips and stuck them down in the styrofoam and just tied white yarn to them. We tied the other end to push pins to help them stay on the bulletin board. They just looked like spiders hanging down from thei webs!

      Delete
  4. You have the BEST bulletin boards! I am jealous of all the space you get, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love making new bulletin boards and coming up with ideas that haven't been done before!! Hope you can use some of them!

      Delete
  5. Hi, what size styrofoam balls?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I use 3 inch and sometimes I use 4 inch. Either works fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these I'm going to try and do them this year. Thanks for the fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am prepping for this craft at my daughter’s school. I spray painted the balls and they stink so bad! Luckily I did it a few days before Halloween. I’m hoping they air out. They’re going to be so cute! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete